Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I love you, my darling


My wife, Sarah, is an amazing woman. We’ve been married for almost six years and I can honestly say that I am more in love with her now than I’ve ever been. Sure, we’ve had our share of struggles, bitter arguments, and sharp disagreements (which will go on until death), but I cannot imagine life without her.

Sarah is a smart woman. She’s a strong leader. She’s a great lover. She’s a friend one can count on for anything. She’s a great mom who really knows her stuff, even though she doesn’t think so. I’m often fascinated by how she takes care of our kids; how she knows what they need and how to solve a problem.

Sarah has a heart for the poor; a heart for the city. Her passion for loving people is contagious and convicting.

Sarah is authentic and frank. She is blunt with the truth and not afraid of confrontation. But unlike me, her approaches to speaking truth are tactful and far from condescending.

Sarah is beautiful. O, so beautiful. Her curves make me crazy. I don’t want anyone else but her.

I am very fortunate to have Sarah in my life. She is my encourager, my joy, and my certainty. During dark times, when my faith falters, she keeps me strong. She is my sanity, my anecdote of optimism and hope. When I need assurance of God’s existence, all I need to do is look at her.

I love you, my darling, forever and ever.

No comments: